Pain Relief Benefits of Spinal Decompression Therapy
Spinal decompression therapy is a non-invasive form of traction treatment that utilizes a special motorized table to relieve pressure in the back and provide space to the spinal discs to promote natural healing. This specialized therapy can help relieve the pain caused by conditions such as:
- Herniated or degenerated disc
- Spinal arthritis
- Spinal Stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Nerve root pressure
The following are four reasons you should consider spinal decompression therapy:
- It’s highly effective — For those with degenerated discs, studies show there is a 75 to 85 percent chance that spinal decompression will help reduce the risk of surgery. For patients with a herniation, the likelihood of success is much higher at 85 to 95 percent.
- Pain-free therapy — Spinal decompression is meant to provide non-invasive pain relief. Patients lie on a table and are either strapped in at the waist or on the base of their skull as the table moves. There’s no recovery time, and no medication is required.
- Long-term results — This form of therapy is a process and takes six to eight sessions on average to experience pain relief. Every pull is forcing nutrients into the discs so they can be rehydrated. When done in partnership with your physical therapist, this form of treatment can provide long-term results.
- Improved posture — Many pain issues result from poor posture, which affects the natural alignment of the spine. Spinal decompression removes nerve interference and allows for more improved posture.